Useful Information for CSS Conference Participants
Center for Social Sciences regularly organizes international conferences on various interesting and important issues. Often our conferences are attended by foreign scholars, students, professors. For those who would like to orientate while staying in Tbilisi, we prepared some useful information:
Transportation from Tbilisi airport to the city center can be arranged in several ways:
1. Use train from the airport to Tbilisi Central Station - cost 0.50 Gel (0.25 Euro)
2. Take a shuttle (bus #37) - cost 0.50 Gel (0.25 Euro)
3. Get a taxi outside the airport, or call: +995 32 2511511 - cost is 20 Gel (10 Euro)
4. Order transfer at the hotel - depends upon the hotel prices
5. Order a transfer online - www.airport-transfer.ge
Ivane Javakhishvili Tbilisi State University (TSU) is located in the city center - 1 Chavchavadze Avenue. It is easy to find using the map downloaded here.
For more information about moving around or outside Tbilisi, please visit: www.info-tbilisi.com/usefulinfos/busroutes/, use taxi service - www.info-tbilisi.com/usefulinfos/taxi/ or download Tbilisi Underground route.
1. CSS has special offer from Holiday Inn and Rooms Hotel Tbilisi. All CSS conference participants will be offered special discount in both hotels which are located nearby the University Campus, about 10-15 minutes to walk to TSU. For getting discount, please send e-mail to CSS at the following e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. Hotel Demi is the closest hotel to Tbilisi State University. It is about 5 minutes walk to TSU I building where the conference will take place. It is a small 7 room family hotel oriented for a business travelers and tourists. To book a room, call +995 32 222 06 19 / +995 32 225 26 61, or visit the hotel website: www.demi-hotel.com
3. Hotel Varazi is located about 7-10 minutes walk to the University II building. The hotel has about 45 rooms, all of them are equipped with wireless internet, air-conditioning, and other facilities. To book a room visit the hotel website: www.hotelvarazi.ge
4. Apart Hotel is also located nearby, about 15 minutes walk to the University. It can be booked via booking.com
5. The conference participants can also visit Betsy's, a small hotel overlooking the center of Tbilisi. The hotel can be reached on +995 32 293 14 04, or via website: www.betsyshotel.ge
6. Tbilisi Marriott and Courtyard Marriott are also located in the city center. It will take about 20-25 minutes to walk from Tbilisi Marriott to TSU, though busses # 140, 88, 61, are also available to get to TSU. Courtyard Marriott is about 300 meters away from Tbilisi Marriott. The rooms in both hotels can be ordered online using their web-sites: www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/tbsmc-tbilisi-marriott-hotel/ and www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/tbscy-courtyard-tbilisi/, or via telephone reservation: +995 32 277 91 00
In addition there are number of small hotels and guesthouses. For the list, please visit: www.info-tbilisi.com/hotels/
There are number of small cafes and restaurants near the University Campus. Those willing to taste Georgian traditional cuisine can easily do it at:
50 Chavchavadze Ave
+995 32 236 53 65
77 Kostava St.
+995 32 236 38 80
Mtkvari right coast, Vakhushti Bridge
+995 555 20 77 00
Italian Cafe Pomodorissimo
33 Chavchavadze Ave.
+995 32 260 15 15
+995 32 260 17 17
Brioche Doree (French Bakery)
33 Chavchavadze Ave.
+995 599 03 83 88
Near TSU, just across the street there are several Italian restaurants and pizzerias:
7 Paliashvili Ave.
+995 322 2 99 97 23
14 Paliashvili St
+995 32 2 47 85 58
Other Useful links: